About Me

My photo
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
I have been stitching forever it seems and now do this just for pleasure,My DH and I are retired so I have lots of time for my hobbies--sewing Gardening and walking my dog. Have 4 grand-kids aged from 18 to 11 One lives in Australia and the others are very close to where we live. Hope to contribute more thru this blog. Kiwi Jan New Zealand

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Crazy Quilt Green Block

Kia-ora friends, my green block is finished -for now--I am sure that when the blocks are stitched together  there will be more embellishment required.
Comments on this block will be appreciated.



Next block is the Teal one.On checking out my threads I discovered I didnt have what I thought I needed  so a visit to Nancys in Wellington for threads was required.One or three came home with me
I have  painted the lace trims a new venture for me-- and the hand dyed cheesecloth under the darker lace was dyed by a special friend .
Any comments on this block?

2 comments:

  1. Love the blocks, are they all hand stitched?The teal colours just glow. Will they get sewn together? for a wall hanging? quilt? Bag? I might have missed the start of them as I had huge trouble with blogger, all sorted now,thanks to the man from Chorus, and then to Google lookup for more help. Cheers from Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean to answer your questions yes they are all hand sewn-- and as to will they be joined together --right now I cant answer that question --will keep making blocks and see what they say to me--Join together or not--
    Thanks for looking and asking about my blocks.

    ReplyDelete