About Me

My photo
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
I have been stitching forever it seems and now do this just for pleasure,My DH and I are retired so I have lots of time for my hobbies--sewing Gardening and walking my dog. Have 4 grand-kids aged from 18 to 11 One lives in Australia and the others are very close to where we live. Hope to contribute more thru this blog. Kiwi Jan New Zealand

Monday, November 12, 2012

Hark the Herald Angels Sing-- UFO.

Today at the three J's meeting I finished off two UFO's--One is a block made for a Christmas Challenge at my quilting club--Pinestream Quilters  many many moons ago.
The challenge from memory was a Christmas hymn  --mine was Hark the Herald Angels Sing. This block is a mixture of handwork and machine work-- the Angels are hand stitched --buttonhole stitch and then outlined with Gold thread. Then a star machine stitched around the Angel.

I also had this little sample block a Christmas Star waiting to be made into something-- so added a border, a little machine stitching with Fudge , plksu the binding and here we have a Rug mug. Cute eh.A nice size for a coffee mug to sit on.
Thanks again for checking out my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment