About Me

My photo
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
I have been stitching forever it seems and now do this just for pleasure,My DH and I are retired so I have lots of time for my hobbies--sewing Gardening and walking my dog. Have 4 grand-kids aged from 18 to 11 One lives in Australia and the others are very close to where we live. Hope to contribute more thru this blog. Kiwi Jan New Zealand

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wee scrap quilt and Fudge my Janome 6500.

Saturday the 13th my club Pinestream Quilters  is running 4 classes one of them being the   Turning 20 quilt. I have wanted to make one for some time so have my name down for this class.I did have fun shopping for fabrics and cant wait to see how it turns out.
The worst part of taking classes is taking Fudge --my machine along. She is a heavy machine weighs in at 18 kilos--!! Not easy to pick up and carry and one is always scared  one may drop it!!!or worse !!
 I would hate to  arrive at a class and have Fudge  my machine play up so it was clean and polish and wind bobbins  before packing Fudge away.
 To check out the stitching I decided to make a wee quilt using scraps already cut from my scrap basket.It finishes at 6/1/4 by 5/1/4 inches just slightly larger then postcard size.
Fudge sewed like a dream--I knew she would she never lets me down.
 Watch out for more on this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment