About Me

My photo
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
I have been stitching forever it seems and now do this just for pleasure,My DH and I are retired so I have lots of time for my hobbies--sewing Gardening and walking my dog. Have 4 grand-kids aged from 18 to 11 One lives in Australia and the others are very close to where we live. Hope to contribute more thru this blog. Kiwi Jan New Zealand

Friday, May 10, 2013

Quilts for little people

Kia-ora to whoever is reading, Fudge and I have been busy quilt making.

I had been given some fabric off cuts , all these lovely pieces begging to be made into a quilt for a little person. Naturally this meant a trip to the local quilt shop –some yummy stripes caught my eye and I was then all set to go. Lots of pieces, lots of  measuring, trimming, sewing, pressing and the quilt was finished.DSC01193

The blocks left over were used for the backing of this wee quilt for a little person

 

DSC01194

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In all the years I have been quilting possibly around 15 or so I have never made a Eye Spy Quilt and now was the time.

Small problem. I did not have the fabrics needed. Being quilters we help each other out with swapping fabric –I helped out a couple of friends and they helped me out with the Eye Spy fabrics. Many thanks you two, you know who you are.

I did have the fabric for the corner blocks and away we went again, Fudge and I. Lots of cutting and stitching and pressing and measuring and more sewing and the Eye Spy quilt took shape.

DSC01190

Among the fabrics given me was the  delightful fabric I used on the backing. I am sure a little person will have much fun Eye Spying this quilt

DSC01191

Of course there were blocks left over and I felt a big pillow case would be great –to help the little person sit up or ---

DSC01192

The backing of the pillow case is the same as the edge’s on the front.

Thanks for looking at my stitching –more to come.

Kiwi Jan

Jan Cotton

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. I loce these little people quilts. Particularly love the cushion....

    ReplyDelete