About Me

My photo
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
I have been stitching forever it seems and now do this just for pleasure,My DH and I are retired so I have lots of time for my hobbies--sewing Gardening and walking my dog. Have 4 grand-kids aged from 18 to 11 One lives in Australia and the others are very close to where we live. Hope to contribute more thru this blog. Kiwi Jan New Zealand

Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Mark

At Queenstown Symposium  2011 -- the classes I took were all hand work. There was no way I was taking Fudge with me – she would have taken all my luggage allowance  not going to happen. So Fudge stayed at home –while Irene and I went to Queenstown for a whole week stitching stitching and more stitching!!!

The piece below is the last of my three class samples to be finished.

I have used a piece of old calico that I rusted several years ago. I found some of the rusted marks were in fact in the shape of a heart. So what better shape to use as my mark then a heart.

This wee quilt is my life. Hearts joined ,  new hearts added ,hearts broken,colours represent my family and are colours that played big time in my life. Blue for boy that’s easy.Red for Girl  red you ask  red rag to a Bull!more hearts later in life.It has taken me a while to finish this definitely  must be in the right frame of mind to work on this .Not a big quilt but one with feeling.

4 My Mark

The top has a Battenberg lace table centre as backing and then is set on a finished quilt  both these just happened to be something I had and were exactly the right size.

5 My Mark label

The label has been tea dyed  again by myself.

All the work on this top is hand work. Fudge sat waiting.

The quilt backing was made using Fudge

A special top for a special daughter.

Kiwi Jan and Fudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment