About Me

My photo
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
I have been stitching forever it seems and now do this just for pleasure,My DH and I are retired so I have lots of time for my hobbies--sewing Gardening and walking my dog. Have 4 grand-kids aged from 18 to 11 One lives in Australia and the others are very close to where we live. Hope to contribute more thru this blog. Kiwi Jan New Zealand

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Churn Dash

One of my favourite traditional blocks is Churn Dash, so with the fabric left over from the Turning Twenty what better then a small Churn Dash quilt.

I had several pieces of Fairy Frost in shades of cream which I felt showed the block up nice just enough for a small quilt.

Of we went Fudge and I stitch stich sew sew.. trim this join the rows together and whoop dee doo all done..add a border or two and its ready for quilting….well…..there was something about it that was not right…the pattern did not do for me what I wanted it to ….DSC01273

so i unpicked the rows and sashed them with a narrow brown sashing…much better…I am about half way thru the quilting…very traditional quilting outlining the cream pieces to make the Churn Dash stand out.

photo

On two corners I have reversed the border and used the floral fabric I will embellish these corners when the quilting is finished.

2 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten how it looked before you took it in hand! great improvement Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes June it's looking much better 5 more blocks to quilt and the border ....

    ReplyDelete