About Me

My photo
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
I have been stitching forever it seems and now do this just for pleasure,My DH and I are retired so I have lots of time for my hobbies--sewing Gardening and walking my dog. Have 4 grand-kids aged from 18 to 11 One lives in Australia and the others are very close to where we live. Hope to contribute more thru this blog. Kiwi Jan New Zealand

Friday, August 8, 2014

My corner

At night time while my DH watches TV I stitch..by hand, all sorts of stitching... Some red work , mending for my grand kids..handquilt...a very relaxing hobby...pastime...
Fudge my Janome 6500  is a daytime pursuit I don't use her at night, my sewing space is not user friendly in the cold days of winter or at night .
The chair is mine! I spent many hours finding this chair many years ago it's the right size for me exactly my feet touch the ground easy when I sit in it.the arms are the right height when I stitch.. 
Recently I had it recovered... 
Nobody else sits in my chair...it usually has some form of stitching around it..either on the floor or on the seat maybe that's why nobody else sits on it.
There is a quilt hanging over the back I had given to me a few years ago...the cushion has little red worked blocks from a while back, on the table is a pattern of the next top I wish to make using Fudge..in my hoop well that's another story.
My corner 

No comments:

Post a Comment